Corn Tortilla Casserole
Jane Hardy of Henderson, Texas uses canned items, including kidney beans, cream-style corn and tomato sauce, to dress up ground beef in this satisfying entree. Convenient corn tortillas separate each mouth-watching layer.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the beans, corn, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and garlic; cook for 3 minutes.
- Place one tortilla in a greased round 2-qt. baking dish; top with 1 cup meat mixture. Repeat layers fives times. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 square: 351 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Corn Tortilla Casserole in Quick Cooking July/August 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.