Swiss Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups frozen corn (about 20 ounces), thawed
- 3 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together first four ingredients; stir in corn, 1-1/2 cups cheese and onion. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter; distribute over casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and heated through, 35-45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Editor's NoteTo make soft bread crumbs, tear bread into pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse until crumbs form. One slice of bread yields 1/2 to 3/4 cup crumbs.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 412 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Jan 25, 2020
Simple to put together with great comforting flavor! My family enjoyed this dish and looking forward to having it again soon!
Nov 3, 2019
Instead of Swiss can another cheese be used? Such as cheddar?
Nov 2, 2019
Loved it - creamy
Oct 22, 2019
Hello Wendy Young! Are YOU from that part of Maryland where they only advise you to use Silver Queen? My husband was born and raised there and thinks Silver Queen is the only type of corn that we should use. You must know how hard it is to get and how short the season is for that type? What type corn do you prefer?