- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, water and brown gravy mix. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions; stir in the bacon bits, pepper and garlic powder. Spread over meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cornbread layer comes out clean. Meanwhile, prepare country gravy mix according to package directions; serve with casserole.
1 each: 447 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1345mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.