Cornbread Breakfast Casserole
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (11-1/2 ounces) refrigerated cornbread twists
- 1/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt, optional
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- Unroll and separate cornbread dough along perforations into 16 pieces. Using 10 or 11 pieces, line the bottom and sides of an ungreased shallow 3-cup baking dish. Flatten and press dough pieces together to seal perforations. Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, pepper and salt if desired. In the same skillet, cook and stir eggs over medium heat until completely set.
- In a bowl, combine the sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese and chilies. Spoon into prebaked crust. Top with remaining dough. Flatten and press together to cover top; seal edges.
- Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until top is deep golden brown. Serve immediately.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Pillsbury refrigerated corn bread twists.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 915 calories, 52g fat (19g saturated fat), 372mg cholesterol, 1881mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Corn Bread Breakfast Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.