Chicken Vegetable Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sour cream until smooth. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sage; add to creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and onion. Pour over crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 515 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 1125mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Dec 13, 2015
I love this recipe! ! Been making it for years and it is one of my favorites!! I add corn to the mix of veggies. Wondering if I could do it in 2) 9X9 pans and freeze half of it? May have to try that next time!!
Jan 31, 2014
This was an excellent recipe. My husband and I loved it! Even our kids ate it up!
Aug 22, 2011
I make this all the time and my brother's family loves it when they come to visit. Very easy to make.
Jun 4, 2011
I liked it, but mine was a little soup. Next time I would put a little corn starch in with the soup. I thought the crust was good, oh and lots of cheese on it.
May 20, 2010
mmmmm. makes a quick dinner when you use the precooked chicken strips!
Oct 20, 2009
This was very good although I'm not too sure about the crust being on the bottom - it sort of disappeared. Next time, I will probably make a bisquick type crust and pour it over top. Otherwise, very hearty and homey!