Broccoli-Cauliflower Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot cooked brown rice
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk broth, cream cheese, oil, sage, salt and pepper; pour over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups (calculated without rice): 314 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Oct 31, 2017
We weren't wild about this. The broccoli and cauliflower turn to mush with that long a cook time. The flavor was ok, but I would add more cheese if I were doing it again. Usually my family loves walking in the door to the smell of dinner in the crockpot, but instead of "ooh, yum, what smells so good?" I got "Yuck, what's that smell?" Also, be aware that it makes a LOT! We have enough for 3 meals, and I'm the only one who cared for it.
Oct 8, 2016
Love this as hubby likes it also. Instead of the fresh cauliflower, carrots and broccoli I used two 12 oz packages of frozen California Mix veggies made by Kroger as it contains all 3 veggies and I use a lot of frozen veg. Super easy to throw together in the crock pot and dinner is done!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.