Broccoli-Cauliflower Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot cooked brown rice
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk broth, cream cheese, oil, sage, salt and pepper; pour over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 314 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
May 4, 2019
Very good meal. A family favorite. Super tasty love it!!
Jan 5, 2019
Both my husband and I liked this. I found the vegetables to still have a crunch (I thought it would be mushy). I even enjoyed this the next day!! I did not have fresh mushrooms so I look forward to making this again.
Oct 23, 2018
Loved it, delicious! Used the California mix veggie blend as JackieG316 did. A tasty, easy dish.
Oct 31, 2017
We weren't wild about this. The broccoli and cauliflower turn to mush with that long a cook time. The flavor was ok, but I would add more cheese if I were doing it again. Usually my family loves walking in the door to the smell of dinner in the crockpot, but instead of "ooh, yum, what smells so good?" I got "Yuck, what's that smell?" Also, be aware that it makes a LOT! We have enough for 3 meals, and I'm the only one who cared for it.
Oct 8, 2016
Love this as hubby likes it also. Instead of the fresh cauliflower, carrots and broccoli I used two 12 oz packages of frozen California Mix veggies made by Kroger as it contains all 3 veggies and I use a lot of frozen veg. Super easy to throw together in the crock pot and dinner is done!