Chicken Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Stir in the chicken, onion, peppers, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Add noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Freeze option: Sprinkle remaining cheeses over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 632 calories, 35g fat (12g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 751mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Oct 3, 2018
omitted the peppers, tasted great
Jun 18, 2018
Good flavor, thought it needed to be a little creamier.
Apr 25, 2018
Sorry, but with over 600 calories, 35 grams fat ( 12 of which is saturated fat) plus over 750 g. PER 1 C !! serving , this is not going to be in my rotation of recipes. .One does not need to be a health nut...But this is just inviting trouble on so many levels. It is tasty, with a few minor changes or additions. But if I am going to splurge on fat, salt, and calories, for only 1 C. of food, there are far better ways to do that. I just can't imagine feeding this as a meal to someone I love.....especially if they were inclined to use even a slightly larger portion, let alone come back for 2nds!
Apr 16, 2018
Followed recipe. Did not like the taste. The mayo taste in my opinion overwhelmed the other tastes If I make it again I will lose the lemon juice and use sour cream in the place of the mayo
Apr 10, 2018
This was so delicious!! I will admit to adding a few extra veggies to the dish and a splash of cream because I was afraid it would be dry. It was not dry at all with one can of soup, the mayo, a quarter cup of sour cream and the lemon juice. And was it ever super tasty!! I added a can of chopped green chili’s with the liquid, used cream of mushroom soup, added fresh sliced mushrooms and some spinach and used some pepperjack cheese as we love Southwest flavors here in this house. Only used 8 ounces of egg noodles and could barely fit the whole thing in a 2 quart casserole dish! Baked as directed, let it rest for as long as I could wait. One of the best chicken noodle casseroles I have ever made. Thanks for sharing!!
Mar 30, 2018
This was simple to make and tasted good. I made it exactly as written with no changes. The family loved it! It is definitely going into the rotation. I also made one to freeze!
Mar 20, 2018
First....Debbie wanted substitute for mayo...yogurt maybe? We loved it. Doubled sauce recipe like some had said. Added peas and used larger onion. Great recipe
Mar 16, 2018
Great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken! I used cream of mushroom soup instead of chicken, and used a 16 ounce package of egg noodles, so I doubled the soup and mayo. Also used only green pepper, since I didn't have any red pepper on hand. The lemon juice adds a nice touch. Family loved it! Will make this one again! Volunteer Field Editor
Mar 11, 2018
This is a great comfort food for when the winter days are cold and snowy.My family enjoys it very much.
Jan 29, 2018
This recipe was really good. I omitted the peppers and used 1 can cream of mushroom and 1 can cream of chicken because I had 16oz of noodles and was worried it would be too dry. It turned out moist and delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.