Potato Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Add the chicken, potatoes, pimientos, parsley, cream, bouillon, salt, rosemary and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in the bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are toasted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 325 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 15, 2010
Potatoes are best when your cube and saute in pan, not boiled then diced. This way they are not "mushy". I have added peas and/or baby carrots. Great dish for a potluck or to make when taking a dinner to someone.
Oct 31, 2008
for variety, add 1/2 can diced tomatoes instead of pimento [email protected]
Aug 18, 2008
This was very good. I added some broccoli.l[email protected]