Potato Cheese Casserole
My sister shared this recipe with me. The combination of cheeses is wonderful. It's a side dish that will dress up any dinner and one of my favorites to serve to guests.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 large red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the next 10 ingredients and 1 cup of Swiss cheese; mix well. Fold in the potatoes. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Top with cheddar and remaining Swiss; sprinkle with paprika. Let stand 5 minutes.
Editor's Note: Fat-free and imitation sour cream and cheese products are not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Potato Cheese Casserole in Country Extra March 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.