Potato and Chorizo Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Chopped fresh parsley and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat until cooked through, breaking into crumbles, 5-7 minutes; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the hash browns, soup, cheeses, onion, peppers and pepper flakes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with panko.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and cilantro before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 316 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 21, 2019
Very tasty! I found the onions a bit too crunchy and would precook them a bit in the future. Also, mix in the hashbrowns last because mixing will become difficult and those red pepper flakes need to be well distributed.
Oct 30, 2018
My family of 4 all enjoyed it, even my picky 9 year old grandson!