Potato and Spinach Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 to 8 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 384 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 8, 2015
a regular in our house
Sep 10, 2012
Very good and easy. Thanks for the recipe.
Oct 30, 2011
Great! I did add about 3 oz of cream cheese and used garlic pepper & 1 t garlic salt and 1 t reg. salt. I actually put the cheese in the casserole and just sprinkled a tiny bit on top and also a little bit of Parmesan. I used fresh spinach for the frozen and it turned out fine!
Jan 30, 2010
I was very pleased how this turned out, and so was my family! I was delighted that the non-spinach eaters were chowing down.