Potato and Spinach Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 to 8 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 384 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Feb 8, 2015
a regular in our house
Sep 10, 2012
Very good and easy. Thanks for the recipe.
Oct 30, 2011
Great! I did add about 3 oz of cream cheese and used garlic pepper & 1 t garlic salt and 1 t reg. salt. I actually put the cheese in the casserole and just sprinkled a tiny bit on top and also a little bit of Parmesan. I used fresh spinach for the frozen and it turned out fine!
Jan 30, 2010
I was very pleased how this turned out, and so was my family! I was delighted that the non-spinach eaters were chowing down.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.