Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Toss potatoes with butter and salt; arrange on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle beef and corn over potatoes. Combine the soup, milk, garlic powder, pepper, onion and 1/2 cup cheese; pour over beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 374 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Feb 3, 2019
Flavor was good but it was very dry. Maybe more milk next time?
Feb 2, 2019
Hubby and I loved this! I added more spices and cooked the onions with the ground beef. I added some red bell pepper because I had it on hand and used frozen green beans instead of corn. Really like that the potatoes are cooked first to crisp them up. So good!
Jan 9, 2018
This was rather sweet because of the corn (granted I do think I had too much as I used 2 cups versus the 10 oz). I think I would have liked it better if there were other vegetables added. I like the tater tot topped casserole with celery better.
Sep 19, 2017
really good will make again
Mar 26, 2017
We all love it...
Mar 7, 2017
This was delicious, I made it tonight! I added green beans with the corn.
Jan 21, 2017
Loved this recipe. I always add Emeril's Original Essence to my ground beef and Mrs. Dash's Original to potatoes, so this dish was very flavorful. I left out the salt in the potatoes and used Cream of Mushroom and half a chopped onion browned with the beef . Smells wonderful coming out of the oven. Comfort food at its best!!
Jan 5, 2017
I never post a review. But this casserole was so good. I'm always trying new recipes and my son just say's please stop making new dishes. But this one he ate the casserole up. We both just loved it. He's 27 so it a man's point of view. Everyone needs to make this old fashion comfort food. So good.
Feb 3, 2016
Followed the directions exactly. The casserole was really tasty. Crispy potatoes were great. It also tastes really good leftover. I will definitely be making this again and again.
Nov 5, 2015
My family liked this meal. It doesn't look very pretty, but it is goid comfort food. I followed the directions and didn't change the recipe other than adding pepper with the salt on the potatoes and cooking the onions with the beef. Oh, I did use cream.of mushroom versus celery.