Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes, well drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked taco meat
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine oil and potatoes in a 10-in. pie plate. Press mixture down evenly to form a crust. Bake at 425° until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Layer with the mozzarella, taco meat and onion. Whisk together the cream, eggs, salt and pepper; pour over beef mixture. Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 377 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 242mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
May 3, 2015
Used 2 large russet potatoes as directed, baked a little longer with dill weed added, then used about a pound of beef cooked with the onion. Everything else I used as the recipe directed. Got rave reviews! Very tasty!Update: I've made over and over and it doesn't get old. Love this recipe and updated stars to 5. People always love it!!