Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes, well drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked taco meat
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Combine oil and potatoes in a 10-in. pie plate. Press mixture down evenly to form a crust. Bake at 425° until lightly browned, 10 minutes.
- Layer with the mozzarella, taco meat and onion. Whisk together the cream, eggs, salt and pepper; pour over beef mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 377 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 242mg cholesterol, 356mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 3, 2015
Used 2 large russet potatoes as directed, baked a little longer with dill weed added, then used about a pound of beef cooked with the onion. Everything else I used as the recipe directed. Got rave reviews! Very tasty!Update: I've made over and over and it doesn't get old. Love this recipe and updated stars to 5. People always love it!!