Bacon Broccoli Quiche
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and patted dry
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in the milk, broccoli, bacon, mushrooms and cheese.
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour broccoli mixture into crust. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 471 calories, 36g fat (14g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 843mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Mar 5, 2014
I would give this five stars if I cut the salt in half. With all the bacon and the cheese, for my family 1/2 teaspoon salt would have been enough. Otherwise, it was good, baked okay, etc.
Oct 1, 2009
Perfect-- I used gluten free flour and made some in a small pan without the crust for a gluten allergy person and it was great. The rest was made with the crust and it was perfect. This will be made again and again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.