Bacon Broccoli Quiche
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and patted dry
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in the milk, broccoli, bacon, mushrooms and cheese.
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour broccoli mixture into crust. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 471 calories, 36g fat (14g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 843mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Mar 5, 2014
I would give this five stars if I cut the salt in half. With all the bacon and the cheese, for my family 1/2 teaspoon salt would have been enough. Otherwise, it was good, baked okay, etc.
Oct 1, 2009
Perfect-- I used gluten free flour and made some in a small pan without the crust for a gluten allergy person and it was great. The rest was made with the crust and it was perfect. This will be made again and again.