Ham ‘n’ Cheese Quiche
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
Makes2 quiches (6 servings each)
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry sheets into two 9-in. pie plates; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Divide ham, cheese and onion between shells. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into shells. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 350°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
Editor's NoteLet pie weights cool before storing. Beans and rice may be reused for pie weights, but not for cooking.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 349 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 6, 2018
Delicious! Definitely a keeper!
Oct 21, 2017
I didn't change anything.. it was great as it is
Apr 25, 2017
kids loved it. i used a barley flour and bread flour combo that wored well in my bread maker. i would never use a prepared shell.
Mar 24, 2017
I add spices but no salt. The ham is already salty. Sage or basil is good in it.
Feb 24, 2017
Cut the recipe in half and used whipping cream...husband came to the table whining that "real men don't eat quiche"...then asked for 2nds!
Feb 22, 2017
I have tried other recipes that were good but not quite right. This recipe was right on. It's a keeper. Love the simplicity of the ingredients.
Jan 25, 2017
This one turned out to be pretty bland. The recipe was supposed to make two but it was only enough for one 9"/1qt dish. I cut back on the half and half by 1/4c. but it's still too moist and probably should have used just 1 1/4c. half and half, not 2c. I used less ham and less cheese. This one I wouldn't make again though it's not too bad.
Jan 6, 2017
Very Good! Did not pre bake crust. Covered edges except last 10 minutes, turned out great. Added extra dried onion. I used 4 cups diced ham (had leftover ham to use up). Will make this again!
Sep 22, 2016
Such as yummy and quick dish. Easy ingredients to cut recipe in half, which I did. Took advice of reviews and did not pre cook my pie shell, came out perfect. Thanks!
Mar 28, 2016
Great. I added 1/2 tsp onion powder weather than the minced onion. Also, I used 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Gouda, and 1 cup of Swiss cheese. It took about 55 min to cook but we loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.