Crab and Spinach Quiche
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches each)
- 5 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 to 8 ounces canned or frozen crabmeat, thawed, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- Line each unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg; set aside. Combine cheeses and flour; add to egg mixture. Stir in crab and spinach. Pour into pastry shells.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 105 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 4, 2017
Dec 20, 2013
This was delicious. I didn't add the whole package of spinach; maybe half, and that was plenty. I used packaged Italian shredded cheese instead of Swiss, because that is what I had on hand. Next time I might reduce the amount of cheese and replace it with an extra egg, as it seemed like too much cheese. Overall, I really enjoyed this recipe. I liked that it made 2 quiche. I cooked both and then froze one. I took the frozen one out of the freezer a couple of weeks later and cooked it in the oven for about an hour and it came out beautifully!
Dec 24, 2012
This made a quick and easy meal for Christmas Eve. I made it as a crustless quiche. Served with some Waldorf Salad.
Dec 26, 2011
Way too much spinach versus egg and cheese! I would also use mozzarella instead of swiss, otherwise it's too sweet for me.
Apr 7, 2011
This was really tasty! Easy to prepare. I did end up doubling the crab to 12 oz to get a really good crab taste. At first I didn't like the idea of making two, but it was nice to make two. I ended up freezing the 2nd one.
Apr 8, 2010
this is so good! added cooked diced onion and minced garlic
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.