Crab and Spinach Quiche
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches each)
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 to 8 ounces canned or frozen crabmeat, thawed, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- Line each unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg; set aside. Combine cheeses and flour; add to egg mixture. Stir in crab and spinach. Pour into pastry shells.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 105 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 4, 2017
Dec 20, 2013
This was delicious. I didn't add the whole package of spinach; maybe half, and that was plenty. I used packaged Italian shredded cheese instead of Swiss, because that is what I had on hand. Next time I might reduce the amount of cheese and replace it with an extra egg, as it seemed like too much cheese. Overall, I really enjoyed this recipe. I liked that it made 2 quiche. I cooked both and then froze one. I took the frozen one out of the freezer a couple of weeks later and cooked it in the oven for about an hour and it came out beautifully!
Dec 24, 2012
This made a quick and easy meal for Christmas Eve. I made it as a crustless quiche. Served with some Waldorf Salad.
Dec 26, 2011
Way too much spinach versus egg and cheese! I would also use mozzarella instead of swiss, otherwise it's too sweet for me.
Apr 7, 2011
This was really tasty! Easy to prepare. I did end up doubling the crab to 12 oz to get a really good crab taste. At first I didn't like the idea of making two, but it was nice to make two. I ended up freezing the 2nd one.
Apr 8, 2010
this is so good! added cooked diced onion and minced garlic