Asparagus Crab Quiche
I almost always serve this quiche when I have company for lunch because it makes such a pretty presentation, but it's not hard to make. It gets rave reviews from family and friends—almost everyone who tastes it asks for the recipe.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 fresh asparagus spears for garnish
- Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well and pat dry. Arrange cooked asparagus over bottom of pastry. Top with crabmeat. Combine Swiss cheese and flour; sprinkle over crab.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and hot pepper sauce. Pour into pastry. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Arrange fresh asparagus spears, spoke fashion, on top of quiche.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 397 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus Crab Quiche in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.