Pepperoni Spinach Quiche
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal seams. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. In another small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in red pepper mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled quiche in plastic and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 235 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 18, 2017
I didn't find this bland at all. I had to use 1/8C heavy whipping cream, 1/8C 2% milk. I also used dried spices. Other than that, I made it as written! The only problem I had was I put it in for about 23 minutes, and when I checked the knife came out of the center clean. Unfortunately, it was still just a tad juicy and the crescent was a little undercooked. I needed to keep it in a bit longer. It also doesn't really reheat very well. We still found it very yummy, but because leftovers weren't so good, that brings it down a star. I'd still try this again.
Feb 22, 2016
Not made quiche in ages. This was very good and will make it again! Since I'm not fond of peppers served this way I changed it to chopped up black olives and put a dolop of salsa on top. Was that ever good!
Apr 27, 2015
unexpected combo but very hearty and tasty
Oct 20, 2014
very bland, will not make again.
Nov 4, 2013
I have a great quiche recipe, but was looking for something different. This one fit the bill. I used both red and yellow peppers, for some extra color, and also added some swiss cheese and extra garlic. The melding of flavors was amazing, and the pepperoni gave it just a little kick. What I like is that by using the crescent roll crust, you get just a hint of that with each bite, which adds to the lightness of this dish. This goes into my "must take to the party" recipe file.
Oct 13, 2013
This is great but in stead of red pepper I used mushrooms and everbody loved it I will definitely make it again
May 10, 2012
Delicious. I cooled the leftovers, then covered with foil and refrigerated. They stayed wonderfully firm for the next two days, and heated so nicely in the microwave. I think the flavors were better the next day, too. The only change I made was using a Mexican blend cheese.
Jan 1, 2012
I made this for a brunch and everyone enjoyed it. Great combination of flavors!
Sep 8, 2011
This turned out delicious, what I liked most about making it, I was able to cut all the veggies the day before, & have everything ready in separate bowls, so it only took minutes to put it all together. will definitely make it again, not only did it taste good but looked very impressive. thanks Elly for the wonderful recipe.
May 1, 2011
I altered the recipe to cut down on fat, using the reduced-fat crescent rolls, turkey pepperoni, and fat-free half and half. I also added corn to try to sneak in more vegetables for my kids. It was delicious! My husband said I could make it any time I wanted and the leftovers were great at work the next day!