Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 pound zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- In a small skillet, saute zucchini in butter until tender; drain. Place half the zucchini in the crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, cream, eggs, salt, oregano, basil, garlic powder and pepper. Pour into crust. Arrange remaining zucchini slices over top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 306 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Feb 17, 2019
I made this last night and loved it. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Aug 22, 2016
My husband and I thought this was really good. I did have a couple problems though.I bought a frozen 9" pie shell (and cooked it). I figured I'd get the deep dish just in case this recipe was too much. The pie shell turned out fine except the filling was definitely way too much, as I had feared! I probably could have gotten 2 pies out of the filling. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the quiche probably could have used a little less cheese.Instead of half and half, I just used whole milk. I don't feel like it detracted from the taste. I also used low fat ricotta.The other problem I had was that it took FOREVER for the middle of the pie to cook. Not sure if it's because I used milk instead of the half and half, but the outer edges of the pie were getting really brown but the middle was still soggy. I had to put aluminum foil on top. I know I cooked it for at least an hour. I know for sure it's not my oven because I already know my oven runs hot and I decrease the temperature to compensate for this. Next time I will definitely use the half and half, and I'll probably put the aluminum foil on top about halfway through cooking. Overall, a good recipe, but needs minor adjustments.
Apr 1, 2014
Oct 23, 2013
This recipe is delicious and so easy to make!
Aug 11, 2013
I added crumbled bacon (two strips) and sautéed onions with the zucchini. This was excellent! We will make it again. Maybe tomorrow since my family was sad there weren't leftovers.
Aug 9, 2013
Looks yummy but is there a way to modify it so you don't need a crust -- like using Bisquick in it?
Aug 8, 2013
This was a very good Quiche we really liked it and will make it often I added grated parmesan cheese and it was wonderful. Thanks
May 11, 2013
Well, I am about to put it in the oven and I don't know what oven temp I should be using.
Mar 6, 2013
What is the oven temperature?
Aug 25, 2012
I love this quiche. It's a big hit at my house. I make it all the time. I double it. I love the leftovers. Great for church lunches too.