Mushroom Broccoli Quiche
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a floured surface, roll pastry dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Trim and flute.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and cayenne. Stir in broccoli, mushrooms and green onions. Sprinkle cheese over crust; pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Freeze option: Securely wrap baked and cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 290 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Oct 30, 2015
I make this and it just tasted like runny scrambled eggs, I cooked it like recipe called for.
Jan 15, 2015
I made this quiche for dinner. We are on the Atkins Weight Loss program so I made it without the crust and it turned out great. I substituted half and half for the milk, baked it in the 9-inch pie plate. We loved it and I will make it again.
Nov 16, 2014
I really like quiche so I was anxious to give this a try. It wasn't really bad but my husband came out and asked that I not make it again
Sep 12, 2014
I made this quiche last night. Not sure what I did wrong. Followed directions.I made it without the crust because I wanted less calories. My husband said it smelled great and tasted so-so. First I had it in the oven for 60 mins, but when I took it out of the oven, it was very watery. I think all the vege's need to be sauted first to get all the water out of them.Let them cool a little before adding it to the milk and egg mixture. Second, the milk and egg mixture looked like it all curlded when it came out of the oven. I will try this again. I will post an update after my second try. I am giving it 2 stars because it didnt turn out the way I had hoped. Maybe on my second try I will update my stars.
Aug 3, 2014
WOW ! Yummy and easy !
Jun 10, 2014
This is absolutely delicious!! I omitted the crust to cut calories. Just sprayed a pie pan with Pam, and baked for about 40 minutes. Excellent taste - didn't change a thing. Thank you, this is my fast, go-to quiche recipe now!
Jun 3, 2014
As my husband says "it's a keeper! "
Jun 1, 2014
SingerRinger-try without the pie crust, just spay the pie plate with Pam. Keep up the good work!
May 30, 2014
How many calories? Can I substitute skim milk for the 2% ? Sounds yummy and want to try it.
May 30, 2014
Easy and great for church potluck.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.