Mushroom Broccoli Quiche
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a floured surface, roll pastry dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Trim and flute.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and cayenne. Stir in broccoli, mushrooms and green onions. Sprinkle cheese over crust; pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Freeze option: Securely wrap baked and cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 290 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Oct 30, 2015
I make this and it just tasted like runny scrambled eggs, I cooked it like recipe called for.
Jan 15, 2015
I made this quiche for dinner. We are on the Atkins Weight Loss program so I made it without the crust and it turned out great. I substituted half and half for the milk, baked it in the 9-inch pie plate. We loved it and I will make it again.
Nov 16, 2014
I really like quiche so I was anxious to give this a try. It wasn't really bad but my husband came out and asked that I not make it again
Sep 12, 2014
I made this quiche last night. Not sure what I did wrong. Followed directions.I made it without the crust because I wanted less calories. My husband said it smelled great and tasted so-so. First I had it in the oven for 60 mins, but when I took it out of the oven, it was very watery. I think all the vege's need to be sauted first to get all the water out of them.Let them cool a little before adding it to the milk and egg mixture. Second, the milk and egg mixture looked like it all curlded when it came out of the oven. I will try this again. I will post an update after my second try. I am giving it 2 stars because it didnt turn out the way I had hoped. Maybe on my second try I will update my stars.
Aug 3, 2014
WOW ! Yummy and easy !
Jun 10, 2014
This is absolutely delicious!! I omitted the crust to cut calories. Just sprayed a pie pan with Pam, and baked for about 40 minutes. Excellent taste - didn't change a thing. Thank you, this is my fast, go-to quiche recipe now!
Jun 3, 2014
As my husband says "it's a keeper! "
Jun 1, 2014
SingerRinger-try without the pie crust, just spay the pie plate with Pam. Keep up the good work!
May 30, 2014
How many calories? Can I substitute skim milk for the 2% ? Sounds yummy and want to try it.
May 30, 2014
Easy and great for church potluck.