Broccoli Mushroom Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed baked potato chips
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, mushrooms, broccoli and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, egg whites, egg, mustard, pepper and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Drain vegetables; stir into soup mixture.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with potato chips and remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 297 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Mar 30, 2018
Tried this for the first time today. I was surprised how easy it was to make. It tastes great & I love the cheese & crushed potato chip topping. I shall have to pass the recipe on to my daughter.
Feb 27, 2010
This is a GREAT recipe!
Jan 6, 2010
This is so delicious and easy to make. My family is already asking me to make again.