Broccoli Mushroom Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed baked potato chips
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, mushrooms, broccoli and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, egg whites, egg, mustard, pepper and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Drain vegetables; stir into soup mixture.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with potato chips and remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 297 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Mar 30, 2018
Tried this for the first time today. I was surprised how easy it was to make. It tastes great & I love the cheese & crushed potato chip topping. I shall have to pass the recipe on to my daughter.
Feb 27, 2010
This is a GREAT recipe!
Jan 6, 2010
This is so delicious and easy to make. My family is already asking me to make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.