Broccoli Mushroom Bake
With lots of cheese, this broccoli and mushroom casserole never lasts long on the dinner table. You can serve this alongside many entrees.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in the cheeses until smooth (sauce will be thick). Fold in the broccoli and mushrooms.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.