Beef and Broccoli Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, chopped or 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 6 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, rice, soup and water.
- Place cooked broccoli in an 11x7-in. baking dish; spoon meat mixture over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 368 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 928mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Feb 24, 2015
It was okay, pretty basic but the plus side is it was easy. My eight year old son loved it though. So a five star from him.
Aug 13, 2013
This recipe was submitted by my mother. She passed away 7/14/2007 and I never knew about this recipe submission until afterwards when I googled her name and this came up. It was really great to still get a recipe from her even after she is gone. :)
Jun 11, 2011
This was a great way to use extra broccoli left after a baby shower. We found it surprisingly yummy.
Dec 12, 2008
I used shredded cheese instead of sliced, added a can of mushrooms, and added in some leftover fresh cauliflower with the broccoli - it was very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.