Mushroom Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in flour, cream corn, salt and pepper until blended. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in the whole kernel corn, mushrooms and Swiss cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the corn mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 295 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 845mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 15, 2017
Spool good, even as leftovers! Goes great with chicken. I might try substituting green chile for bell pepper.
Jun 26, 2017
This recipe is really tasty. I shared the recipe with friends at work!
Nov 24, 2016
This is the second time I have made this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner. This time I used less topping as called for. It has so much flavor! Next year I think I will double it since our two guests take home left overs. Great recipe!
Aug 18, 2016
What a great way to spruce up a can of corn! I didn't have creamed corn, so I left it out and just added some cream. Dish turned out perfect! I never buy canned mushrooms, so I sauted the mushrooms along with the onions and green peppers. Will be making this again.
Aug 4, 2016
This made a big side dish, and was really a nice twist. We had 6 people for dinner, and it was plenty. I had a red pepper instead of a bell pepper-this would be a great fall comfort food dish
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.