Chicken Mushroom Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, cubed
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 pound fresh snow pea pods, trimmed and cut in half
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients; toss with chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, oyster sauce and water until smooth. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add ginger, garlic and onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add chicken and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and vegetables from pan. Add remaining oil; stir-fry carrots 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms and pea pods; stir-fry 1 minute. Return chicken and vegetables to pan. Stir broth mixture and pour into skillet, cook and stir until the sauce is thickened. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 246 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 3/4 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2009
Oops, I forgot to add that I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Healthier that way. And I cooked the carrots and green beans a little longer, adding a bit of water and covering it for a bit because I like my carrots and green beans to be a little more cooked than this called for. But that is a personal thing.
Jan 16, 2009
I couldn't find oyster sauce so used black bean and garlic sauce instead and it was really good. I also substituted regular onion for the green onion and I am allergic to peas so I used green beans instead, adding them with the carrots and also added zucchini chunks with the mushrooms. This was really a good recipe and I will definitely make it again.
Jan 14, 2009
Angie, you can also use Schewan sauce. It's spicy, though.Lori
Jan 13, 2009
Hi, We lov, Stir Frys. But do not like oyster sause, What can I use instead of. Thank u Angie.
Jan 28, 2008
My 5 year old daughter is the world's pickiest eater, and she loved this dish. Yay!