Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced celery (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Cut chicken into 1/2-in. strips; place in a resealable plastic bag. Add cornstarch and toss to coat. Combine the soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder; add to bag and shake well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil; stir- fry the broccoli, celery, carrots and onion for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add water and bouillon. Return chicken to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 306 calories, 14g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Oct 16, 2016
This was very good. I did substitute green peppers for the celery.
Jun 22, 2015
This was my dinner today and it was great. Thank you for sharing.
Mar 1, 2015
This was a super easy meal. And it tastes wonderful. My family loves it.
Sep 26, 2014
We loved this recipe and we were glad to see there was no sugar in it. The sauce was very tasty and the chicken very tender. We will keep this one and make it again.
Jan 19, 2013
I like to add bamboo chutes and water-chestnuts to this recipe and use olive oil instead of canola, but my family loves this.
Sep 16, 2012
Jun 7, 2012
First I have to say I wanted to rate this 5 stars, but 4 are highlighted and I can't seem to change it. This recipe is spectacular! It rivals one of my favorite dishes at a local Chinese restaurant... in fact, I think I may like it even better. I omit the celery since I don't usually have it in my fridge and I don't miss it in the recipe. I also use chicken broth instead of the bouillion granules & water... again, just what I have on hand. Also, I dice the onion up instead of cutting it into wedges and I use frozen broccoli florets instead of fresh because I always have a bag of broccoli in my freezer. (I have used both fresh & frozen broccoli and have not been able to tell a difference in taste or texture). Minor changes that don't really affect the taste, just suited to our preferences. I have been making this dish for several years, it is a family favorite for sure! Even my two little picky eaters love this dish!
Mar 26, 2012
We enjoyed this recipe but we used green pepper instead of the celery( my family does not like celery ). There was lots of sauce but it could use a little more flavour. I will make this again but this time I will try the chicken broth instead of the granules.
Oct 13, 2011
This is good - it's even better if you add the same amount of cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic to the water before adding. This gives the vegetables some flavor as well as the chicken and makes a nice thick sauce.
Jun 10, 2011
This is the best American made stir-fry. My kids love it, I make it with brown rice cooked in chicken broth. This is a healthy meal we could eat every week. Thank you.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.