Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce or additional soy sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients and 1/4 cup chicken broth until smooth. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add remaining broth; cook 1-2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in chicken and green onions; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup chicken mixture with 2/3 cup rice: 387 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 765mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jan 7, 2020
too many ingredients that most people don't have in their pantry
Dec 15, 2018
I used a great value frozen stir fry vegetables and breaded chicken fritters that I oven baked. The sauce was pretty hot with a Tbsp of chilie sauce so I added three Tbsp of brown sugar and smoothed it out some. Next time I'll cut back to 1tsp chile sauce. I paired it with the quick and easy chicken fried rice which was really good also.
Jul 9, 2017
Pretty spicy for us. Easy to make but make sure you make this for those who like spicy. The broccoli soaks up the spicy flavors the most.
Feb 3, 2016
Quick and easy!! Jimmy says to add snap peas?
Jan 3, 2016
Really yummy! I used cider vinegar as a substitute for mirin, which made it a tad too acidic, so next time I'll either track down some mirin, or use watered-down vinegar. Definitely worth a try!
Oct 15, 2015
Easy to make. I used regular brown rice and frozen broccoli.