Quick Almond Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook almonds in oil for 3 minutes. Add chicken; cook until meat is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, honey and ginger until smooth; add to the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the peas; heat through. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 526 calories, 35g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 24, 2012
This one is a definite repeat for my family. I haven't found many stir fry sauces we all enjoy, but this might be the one. I added bell peppers and green onion right before the snap peas and just sprinkled slivered almonds on top after serving.
Sep 30, 2011
My boyfriend and I absolutely loved this recipe. Super easy to make and really tasty. I like lots of veggies so I added strips of red bell pepper, broccoli and water chestnuts along with the sugar snap peas. Definitely made a difference.
Oct 25, 2010
really easy and fast. add more veggies for extra flavor!
Jan 8, 2010
Very good and easy to make. I think the recipe could use more sauce and about half the almonds. 1 cup of almonds was just too much.
Mar 25, 2009
This recipe was okay. The sauce was tasty and my 5 year old son ate it.