Quick Almond Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook almonds in oil for 3 minutes. Add chicken; cook until meat is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, honey and ginger until smooth; add to the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the peas; heat through. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 526 calories, 35g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 35g protein.
May 24, 2012
This one is a definite repeat for my family. I haven't found many stir fry sauces we all enjoy, but this might be the one. I added bell peppers and green onion right before the snap peas and just sprinkled slivered almonds on top after serving.
Sep 30, 2011
My boyfriend and I absolutely loved this recipe. Super easy to make and really tasty. I like lots of veggies so I added strips of red bell pepper, broccoli and water chestnuts along with the sugar snap peas. Definitely made a difference.
Oct 25, 2010
really easy and fast. add more veggies for extra flavor!
Jan 8, 2010
Very good and easy to make. I think the recipe could use more sauce and about half the almonds. 1 cup of almonds was just too much.
Mar 25, 2009
This recipe was okay. The sauce was tasty and my 5 year old son ate it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.