Simple Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Add pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Add salsa, peanut butter and soy sauce; stir until peanut butter is blended. Stir in chicken; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 420 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 5, 2015
I've made this recipe twice now & I agree with the author, Cheryl Murphy! It is a great quick meal for busy nights! As to the flavors, yes, they are unique but my family thought it was delicious & I have one super picky son in that group! The sauce is thick, yes, but I have no issues with it & thought it more of a Thai type of meal due to the peanut butter.
Aug 23, 2014
Ok. Little strong on peanut butter. Thinned sauce with water.
Jun 25, 2014
After the previous 2 reviews I almost did not try this recipe; however, this was a contest winner and I thought I trust Taste of Home...so I tried it. My family liked this recipe, they thought it was different but tasty. I found the sauce to be quite thick (just a personal preference to have more of a soupy sauce) but the flavor is there. I marinated my chicken in soy sauce and garlic before stir frying but followed ithe receipe from there. Glad I tried it and will make it again using chicken broth to thin the sauce.
Jun 2, 2014
I agree with Julia, chicken was tough and it tastes horrible
May 13, 2014
This was the worst meal I have cooked in 50 years. Four adults could not eat more than one bite. Viewers beware, this is not good!
May 12, 2014
Very good and super easy! I used red and green peppers, and I used about 1 tsp ground ginger instead of ginger root. Even my two year old loved the sauce.