Broccoli Pepper and Chicken Stir-Fry
I clipped this recipe out of a newspaper years ago and it's since become a family favorite. I like to serve it with fresh fruit and warm homemade bread.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 7 minutes or until juices run clear; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry onion until tender. Add broccoli, green pepper and garlic; stir-fry until tender. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients until smooth; pour over vegetable mixture. Add chicken; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 276 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Broccoli Stir-Fry in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.