Quick Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 328 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Dec 6, 2019
Found this recipe while browsing through an old issue of simple
Jun 3, 2015
I don't know what peanut butter you used tried twice with jif and planters both time uneatable followed recipe to a tee. Have a Chinese shop down the road with this sauce it is unbeatable. Guess I gotta have it there.
Mar 4, 2015
It took way longer than 30 minutes to make with prep time. But it was delicious
Mar 17, 2013
I have made this recipe many times since finding it! It's a quick and easy meal that is very tasty. I like a lot of veggies in my dishes so I also add fresh broccoli and califlower to it. If I am in a hurry I add frozen stir-fry veggies. Great for leftovers too!
Jul 23, 2011
We have made this a couple times and it tastes great and is easy make. We make it to take to others for dinner.
Feb 19, 2010
I doubled up on the sauce except for the peanut butter. This is a great recipe. I made it twice in one week.
Oct 4, 2009
It was okay fresh, but I wasn't even tempted by the leftovers.
Oct 31, 2008
This was an excellent meal. My family loved it. I will be making this again soon.
Oct 30, 2008
Add a half cup of dry roasted unsalted peanuts after thickening or garnish each serving. Delicious!