Quick Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 328 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Jun 3, 2015
I don't know what peanut butter you used tried twice with jif and planters both time uneatable followed recipe to a tee. Have a Chinese shop down the road with this sauce it is unbeatable. Guess I gotta have it there.
Mar 4, 2015
It took way longer than 30 minutes to make with prep time. But it was delicious
Mar 17, 2013
I have made this recipe many times since finding it! It's a quick and easy meal that is very tasty. I like a lot of veggies in my dishes so I also add fresh broccoli and califlower to it. If I am in a hurry I add frozen stir-fry veggies. Great for leftovers too!
Jul 23, 2011
We have made this a couple times and it tastes great and is easy make. We make it to take to others for dinner.
Feb 19, 2010
I doubled up on the sauce except for the peanut butter. This is a great recipe. I made it twice in one week.
Oct 4, 2009
It was okay fresh, but I wasn't even tempted by the leftovers.
Oct 31, 2008
This was an excellent meal. My family loved it. I will be making this again soon.
Oct 30, 2008
Add a half cup of dry roasted unsalted peanuts after thickening or garnish each serving. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.