Contest-Winning Pecan-Crusted Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 package (4.2 ounces) seasoned coating mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg whites. In another shallow bowl, combine coating mix, pecans and five-spice powder. Dip chicken into egg whites, then roll in coating mixture.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 184 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 18, 2011
This was an excellent recipe. I used the thin chicken breasts and Shake N Bake Oven Fried seasoned coating mix. However, I would not recommend serving with heated canned cherries as suggested. I tried and it didn't taste right to me at least.
May 22, 2009
I made this for dinner tonight. A success and voted "great dish to make again" by everyone. Thank you for the recipe.
Sep 29, 2008
I won TOH's first contest with a nutty oven fried chicken recipe! Keep up the good work...I'll have to try your version...sounds yummy!! Diane
Sep 29, 2008
When you said "Coating Mix" which one? This sounds good and I want to make it this week.Thanks
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.