Thai Chicken & Slaw
This recipe is foolproof and well worth the prep time. Kids love the sweetness of the honey, and I serve the slaw on the side so my vegetarian friends can enjoy it, too.—Karen Norris, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 6 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 medium sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a bowl or shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain chicken, discarding marinade from the bowl. Place chicken in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 170°, 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place coleslaw mix, edamame and pepper in a large bowl. Add peanut butter and salt to reserved marinade; whisk until blended. Pour over coleslaw mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve chicken with slaw. Sprinkle with green onions.