Roasted Chicken Thighs with Peppers & Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 2 large green peppers
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut potatoes, peppers and onions into 1-in. pieces. Place vegetables in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons each thyme and rosemary and toss to coat. Place chicken over vegetables. Brush chicken with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining thyme and rosemary. Sprinkle vegetables and chicken with salt and pepper.
- Roast 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170° and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 1 cup vegetables: 308 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Apr 28, 2017
Delicious meal! I followed the recipe and added carrots. Will be making this again. To SherriWhite I think you could do this with chicken breasts although you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Apr 23, 2017
I was curious if I could use chicken breast instead of the thighs.Any help would be appreciated.
Jan 26, 2017
This was delicious and so easy to do. I used the vegetables I had on hand (potatoes, onion, yellow pepper, mushrooms, carrots, hot pepper & brussel sprouts). A great winter meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.