Thai Shrimp and Cabbage
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 slice onion, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small skillet, stir-fry the cabbage in 1 teaspoon oil for 2 minutes or until tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the shrimp, water and soy sauce; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cilantro and pepper flakes. Serve with cabbage.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 267 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 1181mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Nov 5, 2019
Quickest lunch ever! I used coconut aminos for the soy and chili paste at the end.
Jul 8, 2015
This a great recipe and quick to make. We substituted the soy sauce withr Thai chili sauce. We did cook the shrimp with some soy sauce and water. Also added green pepper in our saute
Sep 18, 2013
I love this recipe, quick and easy.
Aug 8, 2012
Very good and healthy, too!
Dec 5, 2010
This is a great dish. I usually cook the cabbage a bit longer so it's nice and soft, and I also add sesame chili oil at the end to kick up the heat. Good stuff on a cold day!
Aug 24, 2010
Dieting, this was a wonderful addition....