Chicken and Asian Slaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced bok choy
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, bok choy, cabbage and 1/3 cup salad dressing; toss to coat.
- Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush both sides of chicken with remaining salad dressing. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Divide slaw among four bowls. Slice chicken; arrange over slaw. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 302 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Aug 24, 2019
This salad is delicious and ridiculously easy to prepare. I’ll often marinate the chicken in ginger teriyaki sauce and have my husband grill it when it’s hot and I don’t want to turn on the oven. When we have company, I’ll often serve this salad with egg rolls, dumplings, or crab rangoons.