Favorite Cabbage Salad
I'VE BEEN SHARING this recipe for over 45 years! It's easy to make, keeps well and is great to take along for potluck suppers. Our family and friends enjoy this cabbage salad whenever I serve it. -Edna Culbertson, Jenison, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Stir in bacon just before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 90 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Favorite Cabbage Salad in Reminisce September/October 1998
May 10, 2017
Very good. I will be making this again. Good recipe for someone avoiding milk.
Dec 4, 2009
has a very nice crispy taste. Love it!!!
Jun 22, 2008
this recipe is a keeper, deliscious.thanks.