Favorite Fruit Salad
I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, especially when our four children and nine grandchildren come to visit. They always ask for this salad when they're here for dinner. —Doris Dion, Lake Ozark, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup each grapefruit, orange and pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 6 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 3 cups orange sections
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a saucepan, stir juices and cornstarch until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Add vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, mustard, salt, paprika and nutmeg; stir to mix. Cover and chill.
- In a salad bowl, toss lettuces, oranges, pineapple and strawberries. Pour dressing over salad and toss; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 96 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Favorite Fruit Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.