Hearty Asian Lettuce Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Prepare rice and edamame according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, rice and edamame. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad mixture between two plates; top with orange segments, radishes and almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 329 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 9, 2019
This salad was yummy, healthy, and filling. I followed the recipe exactly but added some grated ginger to give it a pop. I think the radishes can be omitted unless you’re just a fan of them.
Mar 29, 2012
I tried this recipe last week for my husband and me, and we enjoyed it so much that I made this salad again for a potluck. It went over well there too!I didn't use the radishes as we really don't care for them. I used 2 oranges instead of one when making the salad the second time. I did find the ginger sesame dressing, but only in a pricey brand so I made my own Asian style dressing. We loved it and I can't imagine that the other dressing would have tasted any better than this. A definite keeper recipe!
Mar 28, 2012
I couldn't find the ginger sesame dressing so I used Asian style sesame dressing it was ok.