Hearty Asian Lettuce Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Prepare rice and edamame according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, rice and edamame. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad mixture between two plates; top with orange segments, radishes and almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 329 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein.
May 9, 2019
This salad was yummy, healthy, and filling. I followed the recipe exactly but added some grated ginger to give it a pop. I think the radishes can be omitted unless you’re just a fan of them.
Mar 29, 2012
I tried this recipe last week for my husband and me, and we enjoyed it so much that I made this salad again for a potluck. It went over well there too!I didn't use the radishes as we really don't care for them. I used 2 oranges instead of one when making the salad the second time. I did find the ginger sesame dressing, but only in a pricey brand so I made my own Asian style dressing. We loved it and I can't imagine that the other dressing would have tasted any better than this. A definite keeper recipe!
Mar 28, 2012
I couldn't find the ginger sesame dressing so I used Asian style sesame dressing it was ok.