Cabbage Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Set seasoning packet from noodles aside. Crumble the noodles into a large bowl; add the cabbage, chicken, onions and sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, water, oil, salt, pepper and contents of seasoning packets; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 266 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Apr 18, 2017
It was easy to make however, I agree that it did have a strong vinegar taste to it. Replacing some of it with water would probably help. It was good despite this, my husband enjoyed it also...no complaints from him about the vinegar taste.
May 30, 2015
One of my favorite "go-to's." The entire family LOVES it. Easy and inexpensive to make. A definite winner. I pair it with Pioneer Woman's Simple Sesame Noodles.
Jan 24, 2015
This is one of our favorites - both to eat at home, and to take to potlucks. I've probably made this more than any other recipe from here.
Oct 24, 2013
It had too much vinegar for our taste. I would use half the vinegar if I made it again.
Aug 22, 2013
The first time I had this salad was when I lived in Saudi Arabia. I some lost the recipe and could not find a substitute till now. I couldn't wait the 8 hours I had to eat a bowl of it as soon as I tried it. Thank you!
Aug 13, 2013
Easy, cheap, and tasty.I brought this to a reunion and had good comments on it.
Oct 26, 2009
I trippled the recipe for a potluck. It was super easy and tasted great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.