My Favorite Avocado Salad
Tangy lime dressing is the perfect topper for this avocado salad. Toasted walnuts make for crunchy goodness, but try it with any kind of nut you like. —Ilia Kaku, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- LIME DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash sugar
- Drizzle lemon juice over avocados. In a serving bowl, combine salad greens, tomatoes, onion, walnuts and avocados. Whisk together dressing ingredients; pour over salad. Toss to coat.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 130 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as My Favorite Avocado Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2017
Dec 27, 2017
Good salad! I did leave out the walnuts.
Aug 1, 2017
Jul 8, 2017
So easy to prepare and great flavor.
May 14, 2017
The dressing is addictive and this is the perfect side salad for avocado lovers!