Avocado Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- For dressing, mix yogurt, honey, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Toss avocados with remaining lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; gently stir in avocados. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 231 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 3, 2012
This was an interesting fruit salad. The majority of my family enjoyed it, the ones who didn't don't like fruit and avocados anyways. It was really easy to make and the taste was very similar to any other creamy dressing based fruit salad. I had to substitute orange peel for lemon peel (since I didn't have any) and after tossing the lemon juice with the avocado, I didn't have much left that drained out, so I added a bit more lemon juice to the dressing.