Avocado & Artichoke Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, avocado and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 188 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 16, 2015
This looked so delicious - as I love pasta and avocados, (I added some chopped red onion for extra flavor) but this combination did not work. And like a previous review suggested, I let it set over night but the next day it didn't taste any differently. I did add some extra lime juice, which helped, but it was not great. And, even though the avocado was coated in lime juice (from the dressing) by leaving it overnight it turned color and was unappetizing. I might try again but use a different dressing which might give more flavor.
Oct 30, 2014
This recipe rocks! Followed the recipe exactly, then added a bit more black pepper. Delish!
Jun 11, 2014
We love pasta salad and were excited to try one with our favorite ingredients: artichokes, tomatoes and avocados. The overall salad ingredients are great (added some shredded rotisserie chicken to make it a complete dinner) but the dressing is disappointing. It lacked flavor. I will definitely make this salad again but use an Italian-seasoning based dressing and not add cilantro.Update: The next day I had some friends try the leftover salad. Three out of three really liked it. especially the lime dressing. So I have to bump it up from a 3 to a 4 star rating.
Jun 10, 2014
Used zest and juice from 2 small limes which was a little more than recipe called for. Left in refrigerator over night. Came out great lime and artichoke make the flavor really come out.
Jun 1, 2014
I made this recipe following the directions except for substituting whole wheat rotini for the pasta. My family was disappointed, and the last of the salad was thrown out. Many great ingredients, but not a lot of flavor.