Avocado Turkey Salad
Grape tomatoes and avocado chunks add pretty color and fresh flavor to this main-dish salad. In a pinch, substitute half-and half or milk for the whipping cream, adding a teaspoon at a time until you get the desired consistency. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until smooth. Add the greens, turkey, avocado and tomatoes; toss to coat. If desired, top with coarse ground pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 225 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Avocado Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2005
Jan 20, 2012
This is a great salad and very fast to make. Be warned though, the dressing does not keep; but luckily it just makes a small amount so you can make a fresh batch if needed.