Turkey Salad on Wheat Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise and pepper. Spread over 2 slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 425 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 18, 2014
Easy to assemble and great tasting. Left out the peas due to preferences but did not miss them.
May 15, 2014
I really liked this recipe! I tripled the recipe and my husband and I enjoyed the salad as a nice cool entre on an unusually hot spring evening. I didn't have turkey on hand, so I substituted chicken, but this would be great do do with Thanksgiving turkey leftovers. Thanks for sharing the recipe!