Turkey Taco Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, peppers, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in salsa, beans, chili powder and cumin; heat through.
- Divide romaine among four plates. Top with turkey mixture; sprinkle with cilantro and toppings of your choice. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup turkey mixture with 2 cups romaine (calculated without optional toppings): 275 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Dec 9, 2017
A Delicious dish that is healthy at the same time!
Sep 15, 2016
Delicious! I left off the beans because someone in the house does not like but otherwise made as-is.
Mar 1, 2016
This recipe is so delicious!! I followed everything except the peppers because I didn't have them on hand and cilantro because I do not like it and I also made my own salsa. The taste was superb! I am glad to have finally found my go-to turkey taco recipe.
Feb 13, 2016
My husband and I LOVE this dish! So easy to make and very, very good!
Dec 26, 2015
Delicious and healthy.
May 7, 2015
Excellent I made it exactly as stated in the recipe!
May 6, 2015
This was a delicious recipe exactly as is. I made it last night for Cinco de Mayo and it was a huge hit. Will definitely be making this again!
Aug 26, 2014
Yummy? very hard to find a healthy recipe that taste amazing. I hesitated at the beginning because there were only 3 reviews but the ingredients seemed right. My husband and I loved it and we decided it that is a repeat in our house. What worked best for us was to toss the lettuce and tomatoes with a dressing made of olive oil, lime, cilantro, salt and pepper prior to adding the meat. Also, I made my own tortilla chips. I bought soft tortillas, cut it in strips, mixed them with olive oil and put them in the oven for about 10 minutes. Thumbs up to the creator of this recipe!!
Aug 20, 2013
My friend and I hardly spoke until we finished a bowl of this salad; it's that good!!! Substituted parsley and lovage for the cilantro (not a fan), and topped it with tomatoes and shredded four cheese blend. Tortilla chips with a hint of lime went perfectly with this.
Jun 18, 2013
I will certainly make this recipe again. We loved it from the first bite. I did make the meat mixture ahead a few hours and chill it. I prefer it cold with the lettuce.