Bacon Avocado Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped (about 12 cups)
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or feta cheese
- Place first six ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well until blended. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, bacon, tomatoes and onion. Toss avocados with lemon juice and add to salad. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with dressing, shaking to blend again if needed.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 339 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 6, 2019
This salad is not to be missed. Everyone at the table had second or even thirds last night when I served it! I used a Sweet Vidalia onion. To take to a Pot Luck, I put the prepped ingredients, except for the lettuce and the dressing, in the bottom of a large salad bowl. I drizzled about 2/3 of the dressing over (this helped the avocados not to turn brown), then topped with the cut up Romaine. I covered the salad, kept it cold, and tossed it when the hostess was ready to serve. Can't wait to make it again tonight...it's that good!