Bacon Avocado Salad
Everyone in my family loves this bacon avocado salad—even the younger kids! I serve it at pretty much every get-together I've hosted, and at this point, the recipe's been shared too many times to count. —Noreen McCormick Danek, Cromwell, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped (about 12 cups)
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or feta cheese
- Place first six ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well until blended. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, bacon, tomatoes and onion. Toss avocados with lemon juice and add to salad. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with dressing, shaking to blend again if needed.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 339 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Bacon Avocado Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.