Bacon Chicken Chopped Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (1 cup dressing)
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 cups chopped romaine
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Heat chicken according to package directions. Cool slightly; coarsely chop chicken.
- For dressing, place cheese, vinegar, water and pepper in a small food processor; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, chicken, tomatoes and bacon. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts2-1/3 cups salad with about 2 tablespoons dressing: 348 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 993mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Jul 31, 2019
I'm trying to eat healthier
Aug 17, 2015
Grilled plain chicken breast using citrus and basil seasoning and used lite bleu cheese. We loved it...recipe is a keeper.
Jul 15, 2015
"My family isn't fond of blue cheese so I substituted feta. The flavor was great but super salty so we combined the finished dressing with ranch and it was the perfect blend!"
Jul 15, 2015
Made this last night, we enjoyed it very much. Fair warning, the blue cheese dressing is VERY strong. If you're not a big fan of blue cheese use a very mild blue. Would be great with some Buffalo flavoring on the chicken.Sue StetzelField Editor ManagerTaste of Home Magazine