Bacon Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- Dash pepper
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bread cubes in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove to paper towels; cool.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, anchovy paste and pepper. In a serving bowl, combine romaine and bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 158 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 18, 2017
Nice simple salad when I'm not in the mood for bottled dressing. My intention was to make the homemade croutons...but my day-old bread disappeared. Can't wait to try again with the homemade croutons.