Bacon Spinach Salad
Even our kids-who normally don't care for spinach-can't resist this salad with its rich dressing and crumbled bacon. Of course, you can use other greens instead of spinach. —Gretchen Kuipers, Platte, South Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1/2 small head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Refrigerate greens and onions in a salad bowl until serving. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Just before serving, pour dressing over greens; toss to coat. Serve with bacon.
Originally published as Bacon Spinach Salad in Country Woman September/October 1993
May 20, 2016
I made this tasty salad with lettuce, green onions and spinach from my garden. I also added sliced boiled eggs to mine. The salad and dressing were light and delicious! Perfect for a spring day!